The Jamieson`s Shaft SculpturePrint Page Print this page

The Jamieson`s Shaft Sculpture : 01-June-2013
The Jamieson`s Shaft Sculpture : 01-June-2013

Photographs supplied by Arthur Garland

The Jamieson`s Shaft Sculpture commemorates the continuing involvement of the people of Broken Hill in mining operations.


Address:Blende & Sulphide Streets, Broken Hill, 2880
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -31.958364
Long: 141.462655
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Sculpture
Monument Theme:Technology
Designer:M. Lyle


Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1979
Front Inscription

City of Broken Hill
The Jamieson`s Shaft Sculpture - 1979

This Sculpture Commemorates The Continuing
Involvement Of The People Of Broken Hill
In Mining Operations.  The Design Of The
Sculpture Is Derived From The `Wind Sail`
Shaft Ventilator Used In 1883 When Mining
First Commenced Here.

Project Assisted By The Visual Arts Board

M. Lyle - Sculptor
K. J. Clarke - Mayor
H. L. Keelan - Town Clerk

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design