www.monumentaustralia.org.au

50 Years of Electricity in BowravillePrint Page Print this page

20-June-2018
20-June-2018
Photographs supplied by Heather Stevens

The plaque commemorates 50 years of electricity in Bowraville 1934 -1984. 

BOWRAVILLE SEES THE LIGHT. "In loving memory of our past glimmer, a glow-worm's glow could not be dimmer.— Electrocuted Oct; 3rd, 1934." A local has the feelings of many on a board in the garden plot in High-street, beneath which is the tomb of the old kerosene light which not long since lighted the lives of the people of Bowraville; Bowraville has slept, but now has awakened to the light-the light of Nymboida. It has taken its place once and for all among the towns in this State, and, coupled with its beauty of surroundings, its natural productivity, its energetic business community, it is now on the way of progress, hurried, we hope, by the advent of that wonderful invention of creative force — electricity;— "Bowraville Guardian."
Macleay Argus (Kempsey, NSW), 9 October 1934. 

Location

Address:High Street, Frank Partridge V.C. Military Museum, Bowraville, 2449
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.645961
Long: 152.853122
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Technology
Sub-Theme:Industry
Actual Event Start Date:03-October-1934
Actual Event End Date:03-October-1984

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Friday 28th September, 1984
Front Inscription

To Commemorate 50 Years Of
Electricity In Bowraville
Switched On By
Mr. Frank Grace 3 - 10 - 34
And Ceremony Reenacted By
Mr. Kendall Bradley 28 - 9 - 84
In Loving Memory Of Our Past Glimmer
A Glow-Worm`s Glow Could Not Be Dimmer

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design