www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of The Armidale SchoolPrint Page Print this page

14-August-2018
14-August-2018

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The Centenary Windows are based on the School Lesson, 1 Corinthians 13, and were the gift of friends of the School and installed to commemorate the centenary from 1894 to 1994.

The Armidale School (abbreviated as TAS) is an independent Anglican co- educational early lesrning, primary and secondary day and boarding school located in Armidale, on the New England Tablelands of northern New South Wales, Australia.  Administration of the schools is formalised as a company limited by guarantee that operates under the Corporations Act.

Founded in 1894 as the New England Proprietary School, its name was changed to The Armidale School in 1896. A year later TAS, as it is now widely known, joined the Association of Great Public Schools of NSW and today is the only non-metropolitan member.


 

Location

Address:87 Douglas Street, Chapel, The Armidale School, Armidale, 2350
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -30.520192
Long: 151.672393
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1894
Approx. Event End Date:1994

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1994
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design