www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Chatswood South Methodist ChurchPrint Page Print this page

The plaque erected in 1971 commemorates the centenary of the laying of the foundation stone of the church. The plaque was unveiled by Sir Roden Cutler, the Governor of New South Wales and his wife Lady Cutler

Built in 1871, the Chatswood South Uniting Church was originally the Willoughby Wesleyan Church before later becoming the Chatswood South Uniting Church. It is a Gothic style sandstone church with adjoining churchyard cemetery. It is the oldest remaining Wesleyan/Methodist church on the North Shore.

Location

Address:518 Pacific Highway (Cnr Mowbray Road), Chatswood South Uniting Church, Lane Cove North, 2066
State:NSW
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.805719
Long: 151.179044
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1871
Approx. Event End Date:1971

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1971
Source: H, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design