Centenary of St Philip`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page

Photographs supplied by Russell Byers

A plaque commemorates the centenary of St Philip`s church.

The site for the church was donated by early settler Mary McMullin, with the initial slab and shingle-roofed church erected in 1873.  The current structure, costing 880 pounds sterling and built of 75,000 hand-made bricks baked in a kiln at nearby Stoney Creek on Mrs McMullin's property, was opened on November 7, 1908, by the Reverend Philip Norman. St Philips was a Presbyterian church until 1977 when Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists merged to form the Uniting Church of Australia.


Address:Rouchel Road , St Philips Uniting Church, Rouchel, 2336
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -32.135432
Long: 151.076341
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 9th November, 2008
Front Inscription

St Philips Uniting Church Rouchel Centenary Celebration

With dedication of the ramp entrance
Sunday 9th November, 2008

St Philips was officially opened 7th November, 1908 by Reverend Philip Norman  

Plaque presented by Robert & Marion Miles

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design