www.monumentaustralia.org.au

St Peter`s Anglican ChurchPrint Page Print this page

The cairn commemorates St Peter`s Anglican Church Winulta which was built in 1905.  It closed in 1988 and was then demolished. 

The fine Anglican Church was designed by Port Pirie architect William Mallyon and erected in 1905 and opened by Archdeacon Bussel. It was built on land donated by one of the pioneer farmers William Short.

Location

Address:Clinton Road, Winulta, 5555
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -34.277942
Long: 137.869365
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Monument
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Front Inscription
THIS CAIRN WAS ERECTED 
AS A MEMORIAL TO 

ST PETER`S ANGLICAN
CHURCH WINULTA
BUILT 1905
ON LAND DONATED BY 
WILLIAM SHORT
CLOSING SERVICE OCT 30TH 1988.
Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design