Re-erection of St Andrew`s ChurchPrint Page Print this page


Photographs supplied by Heather Stevens

The plaque commemorates the re-erection of st Andrew`s Church.

St Andrew’s Presbyterian Church was originally located in Parramatta, but by the 1920s it was too small to accommodate Parramatta’s growing congregation.  In 1925, after the new church was built, demolition work began on the old church.

It was believed that the old church would be completed demolished, until Presbyterians in Wentworthville, in need of a Church, put forward the idea of reassembling the old Parramatta church in Wentworthville.   Demolition began in 1925 and on Saturday 24 November 1928 the reassembled church was opened and dedicated.



Address:7 McKern Street, Wentworthville Presbyterian Church, Wentworthville, 2145
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -33.809558
Long: 150.970583
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map


Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Approx. Event Start Date:1928
Approx. Event End Date:1978


Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 26th November, 1978
Front Inscription

This tablet was set by Rev. F. Barclay

To commemorate the re-erection of this tower

Parramatta 1850

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design