www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Diamond Jubilee of Holy Trinity ParishPrint Page Print this page

02-January-2017
02-January-2017

Photographs supplied by John Huth

The foundation stone of the new chancel was laid in 1920 to commemorate the Diamond Jubilee of the Holy Trinity Parish. 

Bishop Le Fanu will lay the foundation stone of a new chancel at Holy Trinity Church, Fortitude Valley, tomorrow (Trinity Sunday), as a memorial of the diamond jubilee of the church. There will be special music by an augmented choir which will appear for first time fully robed. The Albion Salvation Array Band will assist. A parchment copy of the honour roll containing the names of all Church of England men from the parish who served in the war, the diamond jubilee booklet, and other documents will be placed in a cavity of the stone. There will be a celebration of holy communion at 7.30 a.m., at which some beautiful birthday gifts to the church will be dedicated. Particulars of other services during the week are advertised.
Telegraph (Brisbane, Qld.), 29 May 1920.

Location

Address:141 Brookes Street, Holy Trinity Church, Fortitude Valley, 4006
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.453606
Long: 153.037869
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 30th May, 1920
Front Inscription

To The Glory Of God And In
Commemoration Of The Diamond Jubilee
Of The Parish.

This Stone Was Laid On Trinity Sunday,
30th May 1920,
By The Right Reverend Bishop Le Fanu

G. A. Barker  Churchwardens.
J. P. Kelly

S. Watkin.  Rector.

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design