www.monumentaustralia.org.au

First Church Built in SheppartonPrint Page Print this page

14-August-2017
14-August-2017

Photographs supplied by Sandra Brown

A stained glass window, presented by the Ladies Guild in 1963, commemorates the first church built in Shepparton in 1874. The window is part of a series of three which were presented by the Ladies Guild. 

Location

Address:134-150 Maude Street, Shepparton Uniting Church, Shepparton, 3630
State:VIC
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -36.378322
Long: 145.401123
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Window
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1874

Dedication

Approx. Monument Dedication Date:1963
Front Inscription

Toil on faint not and
in thy toil rejoice.

To the Glory of God.
This window commemorates the First
church built in Shepparton — 1874. 
The United Methodist Free Church 
united with Wesley 1900.
(The gift of the Ladies Guild -1963)

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design