www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Sisters of St JosephPrint Page Print this page

23-October-2016
23-October-2016

Photographs supplied by Bryan Cole

Mary MacKillop Way is a footbridge leading to St James the Less Catholic Church and commemorates the presence of the Sisters of Saint Joseph in Macclesfield from 1868 to 2011.

In 1868 a close connection with the Sisters of Saint Joseph was established in Macclesfield with the opening of their school, initially in the church building, thus beginning the sisters’ contribution to the education of children in the district.

 

Location

Address:51 Venables Street, St James The Less Church, Macclesfield , 5153
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.174944
Long: 138.838091
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Walkway
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Approx. Event Start Date:1868
Approx. Event End Date:2011

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 27th May, 2012
Front Inscription

Plaque :

Mary MacKillop Way

Honouring the presence of the Sisters of St. Joseph in Macclesfield

1868 - 2011

27 May 2012

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design