www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Centenary of Pilgrim Congregational ChurchPrint Page Print this page

12-April-2016
12-April-2016

Photographs supplied by John Huth

A plaque commemorates centenary of the Pilgrim Congregational Church building which was erected at cannon Hill in 1914. 

 

Location

Address:Simpsons Road, Bardon, 4065
State:QLD
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -27.462515
Long: 152.979984
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Plaque
Monument Theme:Culture
Sub-Theme:Religion
Actual Event Start Date:1914
Actual Event End Date:2014

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Sunday 19th October, 2014
Front Inscription

Plaque :

PILGRIM CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH

This building, erected at Cannon Hill in
1914, was moved to Bardon in 1927.

After formation of the Uniting Church in 1977
, it became the only Congregational
place of worship in Brisbane.

To commemorate the Centenary of the
building, Councillor Peter Matic unveiled
this plaque on 19. 10. 2014

 

Source: MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design