www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Blinman Memorial HallPrint Page Print this page

26-June-2014
26-June-2014
Photographs supplied by Peter Reeve

The hall commemorates those who served in conflicts in which Australia has been involved. The hall building was erected in 1896. 

In November 1895 the land, of 14 perches, was registered in the name of Court Pride of the Blinman No. 4920 South Australian Ancient Order of Foresters Friendly Society. Formed throughout the country, they enjoined the aspirations of morality, charity and obedience to the law. The Foresters retained ownership of the property until March 1942 when the title passed to John P. Henery, pastoralist, and William J.G. Kipling, manager. The Blinman Progress Association acquired the property in May 1951.
Flinders Ranges Heritage Survey, Volume 6,
Unincorporated Towns 1995. 


Blinman, October 27.
As a result of a sports meeting, dance, and queen competition on Saturday more than £85 was raised for the erection of a town and district war memorial hall. Visitors were present from almost every town from Quorn to Copley. A queen competition raised more than £30. The winner was Miss L. Edwards, with Misses B. Fargber and B. Kipling placegetters.
Advertiser (Adelaide), 28 October 1947.

 

Location

Address:Mine Road, Blinman, 5730
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -31.094308
Long: 138.678365
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Structure
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:Multiple

Dedication

Front Inscription

A D 1896

Memorial Hall

Blinman

 

Source: MA, RVWM
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design