www.monumentaustralia.org.au

Our Boys GrovePrint Page Print this page

The Grove of trees was planted to honour those from the school who served in World War One. The trees were planted on Arbor Day 1917 and a memorial was unveiled in the grove on the 14th December 1918. 

On Saturday afternoon at the Scott's Creek school a memorial, a tribute from the scholars to the old boys who have enlisted, was unveiled in the presence of a large assembly by Mr. G. H. Laffer, M.P. It is constructed of metal, and bears an inscription. It stands in the Soldiers' Grove of pines, planted Arbor Day, 1917. Addresses were delivered by Messrs. Laffer, W. Nicholls, C. J. Hill, and A. Chiles. 
Advertiser (Adelaide), 20 December 1918.

Location

Address:Scott Creek Road, Scott Creek Primary School , Scott Creek, 5153
State:SA
Area:AUS
GPS Coordinates:Lat: -35.056185
Long: 138.706714
Note: GPS Coordinates are approximate.
View Google Map

Details

Monument Type:Trees
Monument Theme:Conflict
Sub-Theme:WW1
Actual Event Start Date:04-August-1914
Actual Event End Date:28-June-1919
Link: http://www.ahc.sa.gov.au/Visitor/h…

Dedication

Actual Monument Dedication Date:Saturday 25th August, 1917
Front Inscription
OUR BOYS GROVE
PLANTED TO HONOUR
THE HEROES OF OUR 
SCHOOL WHO NOBLY 
FOUGHT FOR KING 
AND EMPIRE IN THE 
GREAT WAR
Source: AHC, MA
Monument details supplied by Monument Australia - www.monumentaustralia.org.au
Proudly sponsored by UBC Web Design